How to Transfer a Car Title in Washington

Call us now (855) 547-1550

Receive a guaranteed highest price quote for your junk car by filling in the form online.

Edgar Moulton.


Edgar Moulton. Car Expert

Table of contents

What You Need to Transfer a Car Title in Washington

If you want to sell a car in Washington, as the owner and seller of the vehicle, you must accomplish a Washington car title transfer. This needs to be signed without any erasures and is necessary for new or used cars.

Where to Sign a Car Title

Where does the seller sign on a car title? Washington car title laws state that the seller has to sign on two to three lines. Here are the title signature instructions to show you how to sign and transfer a car title in Washington properly.

First, look at the front of the document. Look for the line on the middle left that says “Signature of First Legal Owner." The automobile seller signs here.

Second, on the front of the title. Look for the line on the middle right that says "Signature of Registered Owner." The seller also signs here.

Third, still in front of the title. Look for the line on the bottom right that says Signature of Transferor/Seller". The seller signs here. Next to this, you’ll see a line that says "Printed name of Transferor/Seller,” print your name here.

What If You Don’t Sign the Title Correctly?

Sign a title without any erasures. Check how to fill out the back of a title to complete a Washington title transfer.

What do you do if you sign a car title wrong? You need to request another document and start over.

What Else You Should Know About Car Title Transfer in Washington

To sign on a car title to sell, you also must file a report of sale.

If your auto is not over 10 years old, you need to reflect the odometer reading on the line that says Odometer Disclosure.

Is It Possible to Sell a Car in Washington Without A Title?

No. A Washington vehicle title transfer is a must. If the title is missing, applying for a lost title in Washington is the first thing you need to do.

How to Get a Replacement Car Title In Washington

To process a Washington lost title replacement, download and fill up an Affidavit of Loss/Release of Interest form. This must be notarized.

How long does it take to get a replacement title in Washington? It will be mailed within 8 to 10 weeks. Process it at the DMV to get it on the same day.

How to Sell a Car in Washington Fast and Easy

Selling a junk car in Washington can be easy if you call Junkcarsus at (855) 547-1550. We pay cash for junk cars, and you’ll get a same-day instant offer

We pay top cash for junk cars plus free-towing, and we do the document legwork, so there will be no paperwork for you.

Edgar Moulton.


Edgar Moulton. Car Expert

Write us

Contact Us

Feel free to contact us for any business, media, or personal inquiries:

Popular Services

Book Online

Please, submit your quote request form and we will get back to you in a minutes with our guaranted cash offer!

Enter your phone number *
Enter your email
City *
Zip code
Condition Of The Vehicle

We never share your information or spam you with our own emails or promos!